Sunday, July 25, 2010

I arrive in Taipei

Here I am! We got to Taiwan last night, so I am very jet lagged, but I will try not to senselessly ramble. We went to the Taipei 101 mall to shop and eat lunch. The mall is very upscale/upmarket, but they do have some actually affordable stores like Esprit, and this awesome bookstore called Page One. I am slightly ashamed to admit that their stationary section is my favorite, but really, they have such classy/adorable office supplies in Taiwan. I also checked out their magazine section, and was slightly surprised not to find some Japanese fashion magazines I was looking for. But its all good, I'm sure they would have been 15 bucks or so anyway. Well, 500 NT :) I got this dress at Esprit. Please ignore the awkward trying-to-take-a-picture-in-my-hotel-room picture.


Of course, I also had to check out the Miu Miu store, because my parents are not so into me dragging them into designer shop after designer shop just to window shop, but I chose to solely look in Miu Miu. Of course, I immediately wanted everything in there, but perhaps when I'm all growed up I will have more money to spend on Miu Miu dresses. And shoes. And bags. And coats.

6 comments:

KAZ said...

Haha Emma I thought there were no good stores! Lies! I miss you, also I have a pair of miu miu shoes, they are beautiful :) Also update your blog more cause I check it like everyday and then I'm disappointed! Ok well I'll see you in december!
Love,
Kaz Zehner

The facts are these... said...

Glad you had a bon voyage! Aahhh Miu Miu, how I love thee-- even before I knew that you were the little sister to Prada, and also designed by Miuccia P. Emma, you would make a much better face-of-Miu-Miu model than the current girl, who only got hired because she is gap-toothed like Georgia May Jagger (Mick's socialite daughter) and who is our age and from, like Small Rural Town, USA. Honestly, since you have to be away from all of us, you should optimize your time to get scouted and become a supermodel!
Love, Rebecca

Emma said...

Thanks you two. KAZ WHERE DID YOU GET MIU MIUS?!?! THOSE THINGS ARE LIKE HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!!! (i think)

Also, I know the model you are talking about Rebecca, and really, shes a strange choice, I agree. Is one of the other faces Siri Tollerod? I couldnt tell, but she looked like her in that promo video.

And i would love to be scouted as a supermodel :P Ill try me best to look exceptionally tall in public.

Thanks for the comments :)
Emma

KAZ said...

I got them from this woman my mom knows when she moved and had a TON of designer cloths :) I was very excited, they are beautiful.

Kaz

Emma said...

Niiice

The facts are these... said...

Why yes, Emma-- excellent recognizing! Siri *is* a face of Miu Miu. Honestly, I didn't even know who she was, but I have now Googled. Thanks for the model education! Someone should convince Tyra and the crew to scout in Taipei, I think!