Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I wear an outfit (as usual) and I augment my bangs

So today was very eventful. I started the day with a rousing trip to the travel clinic for (score!) no shots. Bee tee dubbs, the travel clinic is where you go when traveling to scary third world countries and don't want to get measles and mumps and encephalitis and malaria and typhoid. So I shall not be dying so soon, folks. AND SO THEN! I did something a bit more entertaining. I went to the Forever 21 in the Domain, this suuuper hoity-toity mall that all my readers will know, as you are all my friends in Austin. As far as I know... :)

I was actually surprised at how little I liked there, but then again, I've only been there once before, and it seems very mainstream. Even if I feel like a wannabe hipster every time I go into Urban Outfitters, they have...I dunno. Stuff not marketed for "typical teenagers" which is sorta a phrase I made up, but you know what I mean. So at Forever 21 I found some stuff with character, which is exactly what I've been looking for lately. Will possibly post pictures, but don't hold me to it.

Then I got this cool scaaf (new zealandy for scarf) at goodwill that I am still trying to figure out how to wear. It's a long rectangle, any suggestions?

And then I wore an outfit! Just kidding. I am often finding myself wearing outfits, however, this one seemed noteworthy, and by that I mean, I'll-post-in-on-the-blog worthy. Here it is!

Shirt from Brass Plum; tank top: Threads for Thought; shorts: Target; belt: vintage.
And If you were wondering about the baggish thing by my side, that would be my bag. Duh. But really, thats the new scarf tied to my bag, like so:
The bag is an old Coach bag of my mom's, but she gave it to me. The scarf is in a bow, but you cant tell...it just looks like a floppy thing.

And finally! My bangs! I was thinking the past few weeks about how I felt they were inadequate and altogether too short, so I took some inspiration from Tavi (its not like I was stalking her blog by looking at all the archives and saw she cut her own bangs one day or anything) and hacked off part of my hair to contribute to the pop culture sensation that is my bangs. Not really. But really, I cut off some hair. I was so freaked out about it after that I saved the reeeally long tuft. I dontt know what I'm gonna do with it, of course, but it seemed blasphemous to throw it out. So now my side bangs are longer and thicker. I would actually like straight across bangs, but my hair is too curly I think. We'll see, those scissors are still on the bathroom counter.

It looks kinda weird now that I see this picture...ignore the mug shot/deer in headlights look, its one in the morning, ok?

Well that was a very long post. It must be the late hour. I ate a chocolate thingy before I went to bed, so I'm gonna be up for a while...Toodles! (just kidding, I am not one of those people who says toodles)
I gotta get to bed, I'm waking up at eight to Cornershop. That'll make for some interesting morning dreams. Now I sound creepy. Good night!

No comments: